Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Belonging

I have been here many times before,

Where the familiar roads end.

The paths I tread, the people I know

All stay behind.

The narrow rock that stretches beneath,

Being the very edge of known road.

With the deep blue vast, miles above

And the deep blue sea, miles below.

A queer quietness lingers around.

As I stand in the road's very end,

My eyes closed, only to conceal

The might of the storm inside.

I may choose to turn back,

To the familiar but incomplete roads

To play where I have already played

And stay where I never truly belonged,

Or I may choose to go ahead

To the land of uncertainty,

Where all roads seem to end

But hidden hopes still remain.

In a flash I open my eyes

And as I lean gently and let go,

I leave the road I know behind.

I leave behind the fear.

I leave behind, the memory of it all,

As wake up where i belong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home