Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Writing an article is an experience by itself. Just this afternoon I was sitting in my drawing room munching my favorite snack when I had this familiar urge to write. Then came the big question...."on what?"...I tarried to ponder and a hundred images raced in my mind....crazy as it may sound ..."a man racing through the city in skates".... "an armored soldier on a donkey"..."a couple romancing on the moon beneath the beautiful 'full earth'"....."two friends strutting a dark lane"...."a crowded bazaar"...the list was endless....As more images started pouring in, getting exponentially stupid all the time), I gave it a break and thought categorizing and narrowing down would do the trick....A terrible mistake ...This is how it went....On Relationships, Experience, Politics, Technical, Management, Literary, Sports, Music, Movies, Psychology, Astrology, Astronomy, Science, Art, History, Geography, and a plenty more...I smiled subtly......I waited for a long time dumbstruck at the expanse of my knowledge....I was not so dumb after all!....Then a bell (of the giant clock tower near my house)sound brought me back to senses... And there I was ....in a complete mess again ....back where I began.."What to write on?"..... Well with my patience wearing off ever so fast I decided to adopt my final method....The INSTICTS...I really have great instincts...It has always helped me 'right'.....May be it will help me 'write' as well...So I closed my eyes and smiled....I had made my decision...I will write on that which pops up first...in my mind........Well they say meditation is a state of thoughtlessness......A state of utmost bliss.... Well technically I should say I was meditating because my mind went unusually blank....Only I was steaming inside.....No bliss in any sense...I waited ten whole minutes.....Hoping against hope to deny the obvious truth before it came crashing down on me.... My instincts had failed me... I sat in disgust.... The emptiness of my mind engulfed me.....Angry words started pouring in my mind.....my mind was not empty anymore ....I was bursting to pour it out....But then I realized I had nobody to blame...This made me feel worse...Finally I exploded on the paper I had in my hand.... I tore it in to a hundred pieces and showered it all over the room.... My mom was on me in a jiffy... As I cleaned up the mess (thinking how easy it would have been to just dispose the paper as whole).....I swore ...I swore that one of these days, I will write a great article...One of these days, I will show these people what I am made of...One of these days...

2 Comments:

Blogger prithz said...

Hey...Ganesh!!! How r u??? remember me???? preethi from 12f1... biotech!!!... wonderful to be meetin u here!!! :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger ganesh said...

hey great ter c you here ...so how you farin???u in singapore i c... how is life???

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home